A new contract agreement between Scandinavian School of Brewing (SSB) and University of Copenhagen, SCIENCE (FOOD) take effect as per September 1st, 2021.
Together with the brewers’ associations of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland it is agreed that
- The Master Brewer education is transferred completely to UCPH SCIENCE to be fully integrated into the specialisation ‘Brewing Science and Technology’
- The subjects from the present courses Brewing 1 and Brewing 2 will form part of a new optimised course structure
- The Diploma Craft Brewer education will be offered by UCPH SCIENCE as continuous education.
When UCPH SCIENCE take over these two educations, the director of SSB (Kim L. Johansen) will be employed at the University to ensure continuity.
The Scandinavian School of Brewing will still exist:
- Granting the Diploma Master Brewer title
- Granting the Diploma Craft Brewer title
- Offering shorter courses (one to three days) upon request from Brewers’ Associations or other groups.
Two committees are established:
Education Contact Committee (already existing) dealing with the overall structure of the education
Technical Committee dealing with the technical and scientific content of the education and for planning of internships.
As a consequence of the agreement:
- The modular structure of the Master Brewer education for students from the brewing industry will no longer exist. The Master Brewer education will be less relevant for students from the industry, although, available under open education, if free seats.
- The Diploma Brewery Engineer title no longer exists for students taking only the theoretical part of the Master Brewer education.
- The Certified Brewer education will be offered for the last time in the spring 2021.
The courses Brewing Project in Practice and Brewing Summer Course will continue unchanged.
For more detailed information please click here to download.
Brian Gillespie and Josh Cody at the Dostal Alley Booth
Excerpt from: Scandinavian Brewers’ Review. Vol.72 No.5 2015
From our loyal U.S. correspondent, Finn Bjørn Knudsen, we yet again this year have a report on the recent Great American Beer Festival®, which takes place every year in Denver, Colorado – practically in Finn’s back yard!
Want to read more about this article? Please click here to download!
Finn Knudsen, Knudsen Beverage Consulting, was the Keynote speaker at the 2016 Rocky Mountain Microbrewing Symposium at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs this past February.
The Rocky Mountain Microbrewing Symposium is the only conference designed by microbrewers, for microbrewers!
Click here to view the program, as well as view Finn’s presentation “Future of Craft Beer as seen from an Industry Insider”
Join us on Friday, August 15 from 2-8pm, and Saturday, August 16 from 10am-8pm, 2014 at Meyer Ranch in Conifer, CO (US 285 & Eagle Cliff Rd.)
The Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge will include a special opportunity for people to taste some unique Colorado Craft Beers.
It is well known, that Colorado has become the state of craft beer in America. Colorado is home to over 160 established craft brewers located across the state, with many start-up breweries in the planning phase. These breweries are located in and are a vital part of local communities. Colorado craft brewers contribute financially and culturally to Colorado. Colorado breweries flourish, in large part, due to a strong tier of independent retailers that provides vital access to market.
Independent Colorado retailers promote our local economy, stock many craft beer brands, and offer vital access to market for Colorado craft brewers. Continued access to market is crucial for Colorado craft brewers and the state’s growing beer culture.
Many Colorado craft brewers have limited distribution outside of Colorado. Small, local craft brewers will disappear if access to market is constrained or limited. Colorado has emerged as the state of craft beer, at the forefront of the craft brewing industry. Colorado ranks among the top states for number of breweries, per capita production, and economic impact. The Colorado Brewers Guild (CBG) identified 232 craft brewers in the state in 2013, marking 109% growth in the number of breweries since the recession ended in 2009.
Click here for more information and to purchase your tickets today!
Join us on August 23, 2014 from 1pm – 7pm for the Great Central City Beer Festival for Great Beer and Great Music! Come sample some of Colorado’s Best Brews. The pours will be flowing all day. 18 breweries will be on hand to serve you up a cold one.
Click here for more information, and to purchase tickets!
Join us for our next MBAA-RMD Meeting on Monday, August 12, 2014 at 5:30pm – 9:00pm held at Odell Brewing Company, 800 E. Lincoln Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80524.
Click here to register for the event today as space is limited!
MBAA-RMD is holding their semi annual all day 2014 Technical Summit on May 7, 2014 at the Drake Center, at Colorado State University in Fort Collins.
The program consists of eight oral presentations, 10 posters, and 14 sponsor displays. Several brewers have donated their beers as samples during the sessions. Continental breakfast, lunch and snacks are served during the day. After the technical sessions their will be an all evening social at the Black Bottle Brewing located close to the Drake Center.
Click here for more information!
During the week of April 6 through 11 Denver, Colorado will be the location for the 2014 big events for craft brewers, packaging breweries and the general brewing industry. The three big events taking place are the World Beer Cup 2014, the Craft Brewers Conference and the BrewExpo America®
The World Beer Cup 2014, April 6-8, 2014 :
- It is estimated that 4,900 beer entries will be entered for judging.
- More than 1,400 breweries will be participating from 33 countries
- 70% of the judges are from outside the U.S. and several first time judges will be represented on the 2014 panel, including Spain, China and Taiwan.
- 90 beer categories will be judged
- World Beer Cup Awards will be presented April 11, 2014 during the Craft Brewers Conference.
- Additionally, the 2014 World Beer Cup European Awards Ceremony will be held May 7, 2014 in Cologne, Germany
Craft Brewers Conference and the BrewExpo America®, April 8-11, 2014
- This is presented by the Brewers Association and is the 31st Annual event
- It the largest industry event and the only one that serves both brewpubs, craft and packaging breweries
- An estimated 7,000 attendees will have the opportunity to visit with over 400 exhibiting companies and hear from more than 145 presenters
- The U.S. craft brewing industry counted in excess of 2,700 breweries pouring $33.9 billion into the US economy in 2012
- Further information and statistics can be found on their website
Join us on August 24, 2013 from noon – 7pm for the Great Central City Beer Festival for Great Beer and Great Music!
Join the Rotary Club of Conifer on August 16 & 17, 2013 at the Meyer Ranch in Conifer, Colorado for the Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge as sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society.