A new contract agreement between Scandinavian School of Brewing (SSB) and University of Copenhagen, SCIENCE (FOOD) take effect as per September 1st, 2021.
Together with the brewers’ associations of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland it is agreed that
- The Master Brewer education is transferred completely to UCPH SCIENCE to be fully integrated into the specialisation ‘Brewing Science and Technology’
- The subjects from the present courses Brewing 1 and Brewing 2 will form part of a new optimised course structure
- The Diploma Craft Brewer education will be offered by UCPH SCIENCE as continuous education.
When UCPH SCIENCE take over these two educations, the director of SSB (Kim L. Johansen) will be employed at the University to ensure continuity.
The Scandinavian School of Brewing will still exist:
- Granting the Diploma Master Brewer title
- Granting the Diploma Craft Brewer title
- Offering shorter courses (one to three days) upon request from Brewers’ Associations or other groups.
Two committees are established:
Education Contact Committee (already existing) dealing with the overall structure of the education
Technical Committee dealing with the technical and scientific content of the education and for planning of internships.
As a consequence of the agreement:
- The modular structure of the Master Brewer education for students from the brewing industry will no longer exist. The Master Brewer education will be less relevant for students from the industry, although, available under open education, if free seats.
- The Diploma Brewery Engineer title no longer exists for students taking only the theoretical part of the Master Brewer education.
- The Certified Brewer education will be offered for the last time in the spring 2021.
The courses Brewing Project in Practice and Brewing Summer Course will continue unchanged.
For more detailed information please click here to download.