During the week of April 6 through 11 Denver, Colorado will be the location for the 2014 big events for craft brewers, packaging breweries and the general brewing industry. The three big events taking place are the World Beer Cup 2014, the Craft Brewers Conference and the BrewExpo America®
The World Beer Cup 2014, April 6-8, 2014 :
- It is estimated that 4,900 beer entries will be entered for judging.
- More than 1,400 breweries will be participating from 33 countries
- 70% of the judges are from outside the U.S. and several first time judges will be represented on the 2014 panel, including Spain, China and Taiwan.
- 90 beer categories will be judged
- World Beer Cup Awards will be presented April 11, 2014 during the Craft Brewers Conference.
- Additionally, the 2014 World Beer Cup European Awards Ceremony will be held May 7, 2014 in Cologne, Germany
Craft Brewers Conference and the BrewExpo America®, April 8-11, 2014
- This is presented by the Brewers Association and is the 31st Annual event
- It the largest industry event and the only one that serves both brewpubs, craft and packaging breweries
- An estimated 7,000 attendees will have the opportunity to visit with over 400 exhibiting companies and hear from more than 145 presenters
- The U.S. craft brewing industry counted in excess of 2,700 breweries pouring $33.9 billion into the US economy in 2012
- Further information and statistics can be found on their website